This year sure did fly by fast for the Jennings, I don't know about you! Some of our highlights were Silas winning the talent show, Family Camp, beach trips, a beautiful fall, watching Millie Grace grow, Hattie starting 4k, Luke's life being spared, Creative Memories, Jody going to Uganda and getting a trampoline. Jody and I made this list at Thanksgiving of what we are most thankful for. I'm going to share it with you all (they are not in any particular order)....
10) Being a part of the body of Christ and our home church Edwards Road Baptist
9) Being debt free
8) Indoor Plumbing
7) Silas AND Hattie both prayed to become Christians
6) NGU College students and our pick of capable babysitters
5) The godly influence of grandmothers, parents and siblings
3) Jobs we LOVE
2) Privilege of having a big family
1) Miracle of Luke's recovery after nearly drowning.
How is it that this face, these big blue eyes can conjure up such conflicting emotions in me?
He's so full of life and therefore CANNOT stop talking.
He loves his little sister yet as soon as I turn my back he's got her in some sort of choke hold or other abusive pose.
He so imaginative, love dressing up and playing with swords but he will not hesitate wacking someone within range with the sword.
He is finally potty trained and he leaves trails of clothes EVERYWHERE.
He wakes up early, crashes for a nap, struggles falling asleep (as does his "roommate" Silas, since Luke wont stop talking) and has been waking up in the night for things like going to bathroom, wanting the CD to play again (even if its 3am) or he's lost his flashlight. (yes, he sleeps with a flashlight among a host of other books, stuffed animals and toys)
He argues and tries to defy my all day and as soon as he thinks I'm going to leave him with someone else like at church or at my parents house he has a meltdown.
He can sit in the shopping cart next to Millie Grace, leaning on her, poking her, bothering her and when a "STRANGER!!!!" says hello to her, he shouts "Hey! Leave my sister alone!!" (yes, this happened today at Publix)
I know the Lord has blessed me and our family with this kid. When Luke is driving me NUTS, I thank the Lord for his life, for sparing his life back in the late spring. When he talks and talks and talks and talks I pray that he will use his voice and energy for the Lord as he grows.
I know its been a long time!!! Our internet connection has been very fickle AND I had sinus surgery that has left me very tired and not too interested in blogging of late! But I have some opinions to share...
There are 3 things that we have been using in our family that I want to tell you about! I say "our family" loosely. Jody, my husband, thinks I'm a little nutty and hasn't really bought into this like I have. AND I'm NOT saying that I'm in any way against doctors and modern medicines. But if there's a natural way that can help and possible save money...
1. The Neti Pot. I will admit...its SO weird. I saw it on Oprah one time a long time ago. I thought its was strange. I've always used the bulb syringe to irrigate the sinuses. But the Neti Pot is WAY better. It doesn't hurt. It doesnt even feel uncomfortable. Its really helping me recover from this sinus surgery since I can't blow my nose! Its also said to prevent sinus infections and colds if used regularly. I LOVE this thing! I have only been using the CVS cheap one for about 1.5 years. I may have to upgrade to a ceramic one soon!!
2. Olive Leaf Extract. My friend Loni told me about this natural remedy for bacterial infections. Its like a natural antibiotic. It tastes very funny. But it works! The other day Luke's throat was hurting. His glands were very swollen, he had a fever and I was afraid he had strep again. I gave him the Olive Leaf Extract 4days in a row and he seems all better. Today I gave him the last dose and he said why are giving my this, my throat is all better.
3. Amber Beads and Hazelwood. I saw these necklaces on another blog and I thought I'd try them. Amber is supposed help with pain, inflammation, immunity. Hazelwood is good for sinuses, arthritis, ear infections, skin problems, headaches...The biggest proof I have that this really works is Silas. He has had terrible allergies this year. Sneezing and terrible stuffiness especially at night and when he wakes up. I've been giving him Zyrtec everyday until I got him an amber necklace. No lie, as long as he is wearing the necklace, his symptoms are almost gone. We have not been using Zyrtec. If he forgets to put it on after bathing, the next morning he is sneezing and blowing his nose like crazy again. I got them here. I'm totally sold on them!