Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How is it?

How is it that this face, these big blue eyes can conjure up such conflicting emotions in me?

He's so full of life and therefore CANNOT stop talking.

He loves his little sister yet as soon as I turn my back he's got her in some sort of choke hold or other abusive pose.

He so imaginative, love dressing up and playing with swords but he will not hesitate wacking someone within range with the sword.

He is finally potty trained and he leaves trails of clothes EVERYWHERE.

He wakes up early, crashes for a nap, struggles falling asleep (as does his "roommate" Silas, since Luke wont stop talking) and has been waking up in the night for things like going to bathroom, wanting the CD to play again (even if its 3am) or he's lost his flashlight. (yes, he sleeps with a flashlight among a host of other books, stuffed animals and toys)

He argues and tries to defy my all day and as soon as he thinks I'm going to leave him with someone else like at church or at my parents house he has a meltdown.

He can sit in the shopping cart next to Millie Grace, leaning on her, poking her, bothering her and when a "STRANGER!!!!" says hello to her, he shouts "Hey! Leave my sister alone!!" (yes, this happened today at Publix)

I know the Lord has blessed me and our family with this kid. When Luke is driving me NUTS, I thank the Lord for his life, for sparing his life back in the late spring. When he talks and talks and talks and talks I pray that he will use his voice and energy for the Lord as he grows.

But boy are the days long lately.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Praying for you! He sounds a LOT like my 9 year old daughter who has ADHD. He's still little though, so maybe he's just a high energy boy! :)

The Via Colony said...

I couldn't help but laugh out loud, remembering my experience with him a couple weeks ago. Such a little ball of energy...TALKING energy. He is SO cute=)

Cassie said...

Oh my! Luke and Harrison could be twins! I will be praying for you - I can't imagine what it must be like with 3 others running around though! I liked your perspective on praying that he will use his voice for the Lord - I will remember to pray that tomorrow!

Amanda said...

Someone once told me "the days are long, but the years are short". This made me think of that. I have one, he is 12 now. We have decided he has lots of words he has to use everyday!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.