Sunday, April 20, 2008

Home and Gardens Man

This is something you may or may not know about my husband. He LOVES HG tv, decorating advice, improving your home value tips, etc. He is ALWAYS looking at real estate on the internet. Its just funny. It not like he's feminine AT ALL. He also loves football, hunting, golf, and any sports...

So today we were rearranging furniture and setting up the living room. I'm not much help in this area for 2 reasons.
  1. I don't care! I don't care where the furniture is, how much of it is in a certain room, how it looks next to this or that. I just don't care.
  2. I get very bored as he's trying to arrange and rearrange, I just move on to something else.
Jody will ask my opinion and proceed to do the exact opposite. I say, oh, I like it here. He'll say, mmmmmm, no, I think its better over here. He will expend much effort moving something in a room just to take it back out.

But I shouldn't complain, right? I don't have to worry about it. What he ends up doing looks nice. I just get to sit back and enjoy.

Now, if he comes in the kitchen and starts giving suggestions, then I will bristle up and fight!

5 comments:

Josh Via said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Via Colony said...

I am laughing out loud right now because ya'll are completely opposite of me and Josh. Poor guy gets dragged into all my rearranging escapades 'cause I can't move all the furniture by myself=) Ha!

Anonymous said...

WOW! AM I impressed! He certainly didn't get that from HIS dad!! Guess he did get a "little" something from me! Enjoy! JUDI

Stacy said...

I love those shows too. Scott could pretty much care less about where things are, however, he does have to help me move things around on occasion because I'm too wimpy to do it alone!

Anonymous said...

So nice to meet you. I came by way of Holly's blog.

I'm a pastor's wife, and we're getting ready to launch a new plant in another community. I'm also the mother of 4 teens - so I can relate to what it's like being in church with little ones... but it's so wonderful having my 4 teens serving with us now!

I've also been online in the home & garden topics with websites / newsletters / radio / magazines / etc. for approx. 9 years. It gives me a great outlet to enjoy God's creative gifts - while also having an influence with my readers at the same time.

So glad to have stopped by.

Pearl
http://www.aStorybookLife.com
Creative Ideas for Your Home & Garden