Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Man

Today was Jody's 32nd birthday. I make the ugliest cakes...I know. I have NOTHING on Stacy! She makes beautiful cakes! (Happy belated birthday btw....) I did use a golf club tin and we used a good bit of icing. The kids loved it. They also loved making decorations and pictures for Daddy! And home-made vanilla icecream was soooooooooooo yummy! Acutally, one of the first memories I have of Jody, after meeting him in 1996 was making him a birthday cake. (My mom reminds me of that too, since she never got her good 9x13 pan back! I am SO SORRY mom, I'd be mad about that if it were mine, now)

I've made lots of cakes for Jody in lots of locations. I'm SO thankful he was born 32 years ago.

Jody is a man of God. He is consistent in his walk with God and his life in general. He's funny when people are around and when its just us. He RARELY gets angry or even annoyed. He's unbeleivable patient and kind. Really, he is the example of ICorinthians 13 kind of love. I NEVER doubt his love for me or our kids...or people anywhere. Life with Jody Ben is fun and easy.

Happy Birthday Jody!! I love you!

(I think I'm going to plan a party in one of the upcoming birthdays for Jody...I'll let you all know so it can be BIG)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jody!

We were so blessed to meet your family at family camp. I still have a few photos your Silas with our Silas that I need to e-mail you. What a great week!

We wish you all the best as you head into the school schedule!