Saturday, August 1, 2009

Clean House

Have you ever seen the cable show Clean House? My sister Joy introduced it to me one time. Its CRAZY!! This team of people ambush this family who is living in utter disarray and by the end of an hour, the house is organized and madeover.

I have watched that show and think, Oh Lord, please save me from ever being THAT BAD! I know I have pack-rat tendencies. TENDENCIES...I said. I am at least admitting that, but its not out of control.

Anyways....

My mom and her first cousin, Trudy do NOT have these tendencies. They offered to come to my house and help me get organized and do a "deep clean". All in all, it was great. Trudy loves blinds and did a marvelous job cleaning them! (I must admit, I have never thoroughly cleaned these blinds). My mom is so good and clearing a flat surface. (I am only good and making piles on a flat surface.) We rearranged the family room, scoured the kitchen floor, vacuumed every corner and baseboard, and threw away a good bit of trash....

I am SO happy with the result. I have several projects to work on, but it feels so nice!

2 comments:

jerry.jennings said...

Hey! Can I borrow Deborah and Trudy??? They would probably want to retire forever if I did borrow them as I am so far behind! And, I don't think I have never been organized! Love you! JUDI

The Via Colony said...

I LOVE that show. Josh just laughs when it comes on, but I love to see the before and after! Especially how they can organize small spaces=)