Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Not Naming Names

I've been in a certain situation now several times recently and there are these 2 women who are just RUDE. I've tried conversing with them, asking questions, kind of butting into their conversation...they basically ignore me.

Now I'm not saying they should be friends with me because I'm trying, but I don't get it. I don't understand why they are being so anti-social.

I can think of another specific time when this happened to me. It was when we first moved to Bismarck...but out of that I met one of my BEST FRIENDS ever (Stacy). Let me clarify, Stacy wasn't being rude, a couple of other's were and Stacy and I started talking to eachother.

I've been thinking about this. The last thing I ever want to be is classified as rude. Or for others to think they are unimportant to me. Or what they have to say, I don't care about. Jody has taught me a lot in this area. He can find something to talk about with anyone...no barriers. He could make friends with a tree.

Jesus was an amazing example in this area as well. He hung out with sinners, prostitutes, and children! In a time and culture where men did not associate with women, Jesus did. When children were regarded as annoyances, Jesus said, "Let them come" AND he touched them as he blessed them!

I have a lot to learn in this area, I know. I get busy. I get consumed with myself and my kids. I am selfish!

Anyway...this is just something fresh on my mind.

2 comments:

sharpwmu said...

AAHHH!! I know who that is! Hpw funny!

sharpwmu said...

Barbara and I don't see you as selfish! we love you!