Friday, August 3, 2007

Enchiladas and Mango Ice Cream

My husband is 30 today. He's the greatest. I'm SO glad that 30 years ago he was born. He's funny and friendly and pretty predictable. I asked him what he wanted me to make for supper on his birthday. I know his favorite. I knew what he'd request, but I thought MAYBE he'd want something different. No. Enchiladas and home-made ice cream.

No cake. No big party or even going out to eat.

From the first time I ever made made Sour Cream Enchiladas, they have been Jody's favorite. I don't know why. They are good to me, but I don't want them as often as Jody wants me to make them.

And he LOVES home-made ice cream. I surprised him by making it Mango. He misses Ugandan mangos, so I splurged.

I think he was happy. He said he had a great day. The kids gave lots of extra birthday hugs and kisses. And spent all day together.

Happy Birthday Jody.

1 comment:

J.E. said...

He would love the mangos here in Cebu..,, I like the taste but the texture kinda weirds me out a bit!