Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Beef with Pampered Chef

I love pampered chef. I love the garlic press, the mini spatula (which finally broke), stoneware, and many other things.

But here's my annoyance. That little metal thing that holds the large round stone is such a nuisance to store. If you store it under the stone in a lower cabinet you have to practically sit down to grab it with both hands. If you store it in an upright cabinet, its so awkward, it gets stuck under other cookie sheets and things.

Do you get what I'm saying? Or am I doing something wrong? All I know is I want to throw it across the room when I can't get it to cooperate.

In other news, Hattie has some "highly infectious" cold sore virus. Poor thing. She has more than 10 sores of different sizes all inside her mouth, lips and throat. She cries when she eats and drinks. She has a hard time falling asleep. She can't suck on her paci (which is a good thing). She is EXTREMELY fussy, I want to put her in a closet at various times throughout the day. I took her to the dr today. The dr said she had had another 2 yr old in today with the same symptoms. The dr doesn't think its hand/foot/mouth because there are no other symptoms or fever. Nothing can be done. As long as she has sores, she is contagious. So, we are stuck inside until she gets better. No YMCA, no other contact with kids. I am praying no one else gets this or I may go stir crazy by Friday.

7 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Sounds like Hattie could use some icee pops! They ALWAYS make things feel better! Poor thing that must be so painful!

Stacy said...

I don't have any problems with that metal rack for the pizza stone? In fact, it helps me get mine out of the cupboard, and makes it easier to get it in. However, you've seen my cupboards, and they are dangerous, as you might be hit by falling objects at anytime! Someone suggested FlyLady.net and I thought that was a pretty cool site. When I have more time, I'm going to read it in more detail.

Jen said...

aren't pampered chef utensils like life time gauranteed? you should send your broken spatula back for a replacement. poor you and poor hattie! hope she gets to feeling better and clears up so you can leave the house!

J.E. said...

I hate to allow my male ego to crumble and say that I understand what you are talking about with the metal rack for the large round stone... but I do.... I got one last september when Matt's siter through a party at my house... I got lots of free stuff because of all the ladies I worked with and knew from church who bought so much.... The rack is indeed a pain... I am an organized person and there is just no where to keep it... It usually ended up staying in the oven or on top of the fridge!

Anonymous said...

So very sorry that Hattie has such a bad infection in her mouth!!! Please tell her that Mawmaw is praying for her to get well QUICK!!! Also tell her that I am still looking for her balloon, but it hasn't arrived yet! Love you all lots! Judi

Anonymous said...

I threw my rack away. I hate that thing. I just slide the stone out from underneath the oven rack until I can grip it good.
Holly

jessica said...

just a little FYI Pampered Chef is coming out with a new round pizza stone that has attached handles in September...no more crazy rack!