Thursday, September 6, 2007

Knobs on the Stove

First of all, sorry to dissapoint, but I don't have any new pictures to attach. I was hoping to attach some from my cousin's beautiful wedding, but they aren't up yet.

But I do have a funny story to tell.

When we were on the way to the wedding, the babysitter called my cousin Ashley and asked her how to turn the stove on. Ashley was shocked. HOw could a 14 year old NOT know how to use a plain old stove? What were our kids going eat?? Why did we leave THIS girl in charge?? We laughed and someone said she has an anceint stove anyway. Maybe the babysitter only has a digital stove at home...that kind of thing.

When we got home, Ashley said, Emily, what so weird about my stove? PAUSE. Emily, did you take the knobs off the stove? Are you playing a trick on me?

Come to find out, when Ashley's mom and our grandmother, Nana came over that morning and made pancakes for all the kids they put the stove knobs in the dishwasher. Boy did we have a good laugh over that one.

No comments: