Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...and other random things

We had a great, relaxing Mother's Day. Hope you all did too!

I'm so thankful for my mom and my mother-in-law(MIL). They've both really helped me with this big move to SC. Judi (my MIL) flew up to Bismarck to help with the end of the packing. I was SO relieved. Plus, I was pregnant and didn't realize it...no wonder I was so tired! And my mom has really helped me unpack and organize and keep the kids for me.

I can always count on them to be supportive of our decisions.

I'm very blessed to have a good relationship with my MIL. Really I am. I know it. She's always interested in what I have to say and she thinks I'm brilliant and a great cook...boy do I have her fooled!

My mom is so strong. She never quits. Whatever she has her hands on works. And she is obsessed with vacuums. She owns 5 or 6 currently. Oh and, she's going to be mad that I said this, but she dropped her phone in a toilet today. ROFL!!!

Ok, in other news, real quick:

  1. Silas LOVED the last Cubbies' meeting tonight at church and he's already majorly looking forward to Sparks in the fall
  2. We watched the movie "Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?" DPlum recommended it and I had read some good reviews and we really liked it!
  3. We are babysitting the chihuahua, YoYo, while my parents are away for almost 2 weeks. She's a very smart dog, but I'm reminded why we are kid people and not pet people at this point in our lives
  4. Speaking of pets, Jody found a turtle on the side of the road this weekend. So, HENRY is currently in a box on the porch and is a major concern for the kids. WHY??
  5. Garage saling yesterday yielded great fruit. A razor scooter $2, baby cradle with mattress and little toy $10, little tykes car you peddle with your feet $10, a loot of little's pet shop $5, and a big box of LEGOS thrown in for free.
I think thats it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping she was just cleaning the toilet and the phone fell from her shoulder/chin while she was talking rather than sitting on said toilet and dropped the phone.
We'll be in the Greenville area early June. Maybe we can meet up somewhere.