Thursday, May 22, 2008

Points to Ponder Today

  1. Why do dog sniff around before they go to the bathroom? My parents JUST picked up Yoyo, the chihuahua. We were dog-sitting while they were away. They are technically dog-sitting until my Grama can take care of Yoyo again. And let me just say I am NOT ready for a pet that requires much work. Taking the dog out, feeding, making sure she doesn't bite one of the kids that is bothering her, etc. But the sniffing around for 5 minutes before choosing the perfect place to pee was too much for me early in the mornings.
  2. What is it with the Backyardigans? Luke is completely mesmerized by them. He's typically not interested in more than 10 minutes of TV, but that's not the case with the Backyardigans. Its like hypnotic to him.
  3. Why do visitors bring out the WILD THINGS in my kids? Jody's parents met us at Monterey's (a great local Mexican restaurant) and the kids went nuts! Loud, showing off, drawing lots of attention to our family. Whew.
  4. Is it just me or when you get on the phone do the kids just act BAD? Man, mine do. They'll be fine and I'll think, ooh, I can make that call. And as SOON as the person on the other end says hello, someone comes running to me screaming and/or crying. Or fighting. I guess that's a good time to fight.
  5. How can a short, simple errand turn into the never ending story? We went to the post office and this lady got to boxes of little birds. One was chickens and the other was either guinea fowl or turkey. Silas has always been in love with guinea fowl. Don't ask. When he realized you could buy your own, he was determined. Then when he realized he could not buy that ladies birds, his world came crashing down and he cried for like and hour. The postal worker was cracking up because Silas was SOBBING. I think it took us 20 minutes to get out of there.


Hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend. I'm sure I'll have stories to tell after our camping experience. Hopefully pics to share too.

3 comments:

GE is me said...

Emily, no it isn't just your children. I think most children have a phone sensor in them (at least when @ home)that says, "She is on the phone it is now time to fight, scream or just be generally loud & obnoxious. My girls are usually pretty quiet in the car so while I probably shouldn't be talking on the cell phone & driving at the same time I find it one of the best times to talk.
Hope y'all have a wonderful time camping- you are brave being pregnant.
Don't put flylady back on my account. I get her e-mails. But Jen Wade was talking about getting organized & I think flylady has some good things to say. So I recommended it to her. Was just curious.
Are y'all going to find out what you are having(besides a baby?)boy or girl?

The Via Colony said...

That is so funny about the phone thing. I hate talking on the phone when the kids are around b/c I JUST CAN'T DO IT. Especially when it's my mom. She'll stop in mid-sentence and say "oh, I am so sorry I bothered you, I'll let you get back to the kids, I know you're busy". Ahh! Hey, I'm still waiting to see pictures of you and your mom at the "beauty pageant"=)

Shaunna said...

I totally relate to the phone thing!