Thursday, July 26, 2007

Potty Training

I am SO proud of Hattie.

She's been potty-training on and off. She's hasn't pooped in a diaper in, I don't know, almost a year now. But she just couldn't get the staying dry part. Until recently.

I gave a her an incentive. If she got TEN stickers for keeping her pull-up dry, she'd get a prize. Apparently that's all it took for her. She's been keeping pull-ups dry pretty good for over a week now. BUT Today she wore panties for the first time, ALL DAY, and didn't have ONE accident. I even forgot to put a diaper on her at naptime and she reminded me about 30min after she woke up that she needed to pee.

Yay Hattie. (I realize I could be posting a couple of days about a relapse or pee all over my carpet, but today I am very proud)

3 comments:

ellieandavasmommy said...

WOOHOOO! That's great! Congrats to Hattie and to you!!

Ellie just woke up one day and said, "I don't want to wear pull-ups, I want to wear panties"...and she has since!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Hattie! You are such a BIG girl now!!! Keep it up! I love you! MAWMAW

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I just love reading your blog. I am going through potty training with Hallie too, and I only wish she would do as well as Hattie is doing. Maybe I'll try the sticker thing. She's fine with nothing on, but put a pull-up or panties on her, and watch out! Thank you for being such an encouragement to me. I really miss talking to you, but at least I can read this and see how great you're doing. Thanks!