Sunday, July 1, 2007

Single-parenthood

I tell Jody this all time, but I did NOT sign up for single-parethood. Man. I heard Oprah say the other day that being a stay-at-home-mom was the hardest job in the world. It is super hard, but doing it all alone is way harder.

Here are some of the things that have happened to me:

I was vacuuming and dust was flying everywhere, so I decided maybe I needed to clean out the vacuum. Oh my gosh, was that an underthought. I needed to clean out the vacuum like 3 months ago. It was nasty.

Meanwhile, Luke fell down the stairs and got a terrible mark on his head.

Hattie spilled cereal all over my CLEAN kitchen floor.

Silas hauled off and pushed Hattie at church in front of everyone and he pinched Tommy.

Oh, I could go on and on. By the time I put the kids to bed, I was exhausted and my throat hurts from yelling at the kids and myself all weekend.

Even as I haven't had anyone to vent to, I'm so thankful for my relationship with Jesus. He already knows how I feel and what I'm going thru, so I might as well vent to him, you know? I'd say Jesus is a single-mom's #1 need!!! Can I get a witness?

4 comments:

Kelly H. said...

AMEN!!!

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Amen, Amen... Family Camp makes me feel like a single mom sometimes!

mylifewith5kids said...

Because of Jeff's job during the summer, I often feel like a single-mom. You are absolutely right that Jesus is our #1 need. I would also say that even when I am not "single" He is my #1 need as a mom. My children's LIFE depends on my relationship with Christ! I have NO idea how mom's do it without Christ!

ellieandavasmommy said...

I don't know how you do it with 3?!?! I'd have to "invite" some family or friends to come over!