Monday, April 23, 2007

My Voice

Friday night Jody and I went on a date with our friend's Mike and Jessica. We went to the indoor driving range. Jody's dad got me a set of ladies' lefthanded clubs. So this was the first time I had used them. We had SO much fun. I loved it. Jody was proud of me too.

Then we went to supper. During supper, I noticed my throat tickling. By the end of the night, my voice was gone. Just gone. My throat hurt, but not when I swallowed, it hurt deep inside. By Saturday I sounded AWFUL.

I guess I was allergic to something in the dome. I don't know.

But here's something funny about it. Hattie tells me everynight, "Sing my song". Her song is from Cinderlla. You know that part when the stepsisters are singing "Sing Sweet Nightengale" and it sounds horrible then Cinderella takes over and sings beautifully?? I just changed the words to "Sleep sweet Hattie Ruth". She just loves it. Don't ask me why, but its her song.

Stick with me here...

I could NOT sing Saturday to save my life. Last night, when Hattie was walking to her room for bedtime, she stopped and turned to me and said, Mama, your frote hurt? You sing my song?

It was so sweet. I croaked it out and she was thrilled.

My voice is somewhat better. Weird.

No comments: