Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hockey

The coveted blue puck - there's only one out there and Silas's sole ambition is to get it.

Hattie has gotten very confident.

The Net Ride at the end.

Silas and Hattie

Silas and Emma

Tomorrow is the last day of pre-school hockey. We have had the greatest time at hockey this year. Both Silas and Hattie have improved. Luke starts saying "hockey" as soon as we turn onto the street to the arena. He plays with a hockey stick and hits pucks sometimes too.

The last day of hockey consists of a party. Its really just a junk fest. There will be pizza and "pop" and so many goodies it makes me cringe. The first one we went to last year I baked a chocolate chip pound cake and it was barely touched. Last time I brought a fruit salad and it was about half eaten. I know its because there is so much junk to choose from (cake, cupcakes, cookies, candy...) who wants fruit or cake with NO icing? So, I have prepared a bowl of almonds and a bowl of olives. Easy.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Good thinking! Was is Silas that was sticking the olives on each of his fingers at the party to start Christmas break? HA HA! I'm sticking to my cottage cheese, mandarin orange, cool whip salad. If it doesn't get eaten, then we love it at home! See ya tomorrow!

The Via Colony said...

That is so much fun!!

Jerre said...

I wish I had some of that Chocolate Chip Pound Cake!! You make me a cake, I'll make you lasagna! Deal?