Friday, February 15, 2008

Sleep deprivation

Why is it that when a child is tired they don't just SLEEP? At what point does one figure that out?

No matter how tired Hattie is she INSISTS that she is NOT tired.

I'm only saying this b/c all my kids were exhausted today.

We were out past bed time last night because we ate out with the Stephen's for Emma's birthday at the Texas Roadhouse. It was SUPER crowded but had a great time.

Then today we had Emma over, so we didn't have a great rest time. Hattie was practically sleepwalking and she was still "not tired".

I wish I had the stamina to press on when I am so tired. But I'm a wimp.

I love Psalm 4:8. I pray it over my kids, especially when they are over tired. It says:
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.



No comments: