Friday, November 23, 2007

The Mad Dash

First of all, we had a nice thanksgiving. I started out missing our families a lot. Knowing they were all getting together without us, one more year. But once our festivities started, I felt better. We had a great meal, the kids had fun and Stacy and mapped out our plan.

We got out the Black Friday ads.

I'm not a big shopper. I don't enjoy trying on clothes or browsing without a purpose. But now going after great deals, I enjoy.

Stacy picked me up at 3:45am. We joined the line at Khols. There were several hundred in line already. When the doors opened, it was like a MOVIE. Screaming, pushing, and running. We got what we were going for there and went to Walmart, followed by Target, Kmart, Scheels and Bath and Body works. We got everything we were going for. I got most of my Christmas shopping done. I had a great time. I am so proud of my deals. And I had great company. Last year I went by myself, and it was just way better this year.

By the time naptime came around, I was SO tired, I couldn't help but join the napping. Although, Silas never sleeps and I don't think Hattie ever slept today, but I'm not sure.

All in all, it was a great holiday for our family.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I had so much fun shopping with you today! I saw on the channel 5 news video of the crazy people running into Target through the front doors. I didn't see any clips of us laughing our butts off as we joined in the crazy, running, lunatics through the crowded aisles!

Anonymous said...

this is avery i didn't read the blog i just wanted to comment because i felt like it and i am bored but i need to be in the bed but i am really hyper and i need to calm down and this is one long sentence and i need to come to north dakota and live with you guys for a few weeks and that would be cool and i'm done. bye.


AvEry the coolest nephew who is just like Jody the coolest uncle and my mommy says it is scary how much alike we are because even though we don't see each other all that much we still continue to act just alike. goodnight.