Friday, January 18, 2008

Ironing

I really hate ironing. I avoid it at ALL costs. I would much rather wear wrinkled clothes actually. Of course some things HAVE to be ironed. In our house, those things pile up near the iron for, well months. I'm not exaggerating.

Today I could put it off no longer. There wasn't THAT much, we really do wear wrinkled clothes. So I set up the ironing board, filled the iron with water and set to work. We bought the iron when we moved here and I was bragging to my friend, Shaunna, that it was a nice iron. Then, it STOPPED working. Water was leaking everywhere but it wasn't hot.

I was about halfway thru at this point and I was like, NOW WHAT? That's when I saw the reset button. I pushed it and it heated up right away. Go figure. I guess I need to iron more often and get used to how it works.

In other news, Ryan babysat for us tonight and Jody and I went to see The Great Debators. It was so my kind of movie. Jody liked it too. The funniest thing was Jody went to get popcorn and came back with the HUGE bucket and 2 huge drinks. This is funny because I don't drink soft drinks or eat popcorn. But it was a good deal he said. Whatever.

3 comments:

Parkison Family said...

I echo your thoughts on ironing. In college I actually used to iron for a lady to make some extra money. Now I definitely can't stand it!

Anonymous said...

You should make Jody iron. I iron for myself and I'll do Heather's if she needs me too. Make Jody do it. It's not like he does anything else...ha ha.

Andy

GE is me said...

Emily, let me echo your sentiments AND let you in on my ironing secret. Get a good quality spray bottle. Stand about 6" from item needing ironing(works better if item is on a person.)lightly mist wrinkles. If stubborn fabric smooth with hand.
Sometimes shirts & pants that could use an iron you can get away with doing this if you hang them up as soon as they come out of the dryer.
I use this method as OFTEN as possible!!!
-Gail Parmentier