Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Webkinz

We were sucked into the world of Webkinz by the Stephens' family. You buy this little stuffed animal then you take the code in the tag and register him online. Then you can use the little pet to play games, buy food, feed the pet, furnish a house...

Its really pretty fun. There is a typing game that is very good practice, there math games...its neat.

So Silas has a bulldog named Tucker and Hattie has a pony named Triple Treat. The kids love going on there and taking care of the pets, earning money for them, etc. Well, I was trying to set up a bathroom (the pets can really use the potty) and something happened. The room got frozen and its been like 2 days and I can't get to Tucker. The problem is he is getting hungry. There is a little meter that tells you if the pet is hungry, happy and healthy. Tucker is getting hungry and we can't feed him!

Jody thinks I am being silly about this, but the darn pet can DIE and I just think Silas will be devastated.

I could NOT figure out how to contact these Webkins people. Finally Stacy helped me figure it out and I have a request for help in. I hope Tucker can make it thru the next couple of days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They can't die. We've left our unattended for weeks. The hunger only drops as they do things.

Erin said...

Like the other poster said, they can't die - they just get sick. My 7 year old has a Webkinz and LOVES it! She also has a bulldog but it is named Ariel. :) Glad your kids are enjoying Webkinz World! Make sure to disable the Kinz Chat if you don't want them to be able to do the Webkinz IM kind of thing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah they can't die but we might have to call D-FACS on you for child...or webkinz neglect. :)

Andy

Stacy said...

I'm glad to hear they can't die! I have been misinformed!

Anonymous said...

I wish we had never discovered webkinz. It can consume too much time in our household. I find the children on the computer doing webkinz when they could be doing something more constructive. I think it has become addictive for my younger ones. Hope it doesn't happen to yours.