Friday, January 4, 2008

Pictures

I LOVE digital cameras. I love that I don't have to spend money on film or developing pictures that I may or may not like. I LOVE being able to take snap after snap until I get the right picture.

But now my problem is that I have tons of pictures taking up tons of space on our already slow computer. (I probably should just go get one of those external drives. Yes. I may do that tomorrow even).

I love to scrapbook. My whole family enjoys looking thru the books. But I am behind. How in the world can I scrapbook with 3 little kids when I have a hard enough time keeping the kitchen neat and clean?

So, the only times I really get any scrapbooking done now is when I go to a cropping day or something like that. I have been planning on going to this one tomorrow. But I ran into a few problems.

  1. I could NOT find the CD's we have with all our Uganda pictures on them. I am determined that I want to get them in the books. And I've used pretty much all that I printed.
  2. All Hattie's baby pics are on the CD's too and I want to re-do her baby book.
  3. Its going to be close to 40 degrees tomorrow and we really need to do some work in the garage.
Well, I found the CD's this afternoon. But now I don't know if I'll get them printed in time to scrap. When I'm done blogging here, I'm going to see if I can get a bunch to print. Only we are out of the paper for the little printer.

What next? Ah the sitcom of my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you might not want to pay but if you put the pictures on a thumb drive, then you can take them to CVS or another place and they will print them for you. They could probably do the one hour photo thing. Just a thought. Give my love to family!

Andy

Mylinda said...

Hey Emily,
I put all my pictures onto the computer, print the ones I want for MY scrapbook (all 4 kids have their own-I'm waaay behind on those, but try to keep mine up to use as reference), then put them all on my thumb drive (two copies...one at home and one at mom's house for safety) and remove from the computer. I have a little printer, too, but find it too expensive for regular use, so I only use it for emergencies or small jobs. Usually, I actually upload my photos to CVS.com and then pick them up there later (either in hours or days, whichever I choose). That way I only make one trip to the CVS. ALSO, and really cool, is that when I upload them to print, I can do another order and send them to the CVS in my mom's town in NC. I'll call her and let her know I've sent her some pictures and she can pick them up and pay for them. Then I don't have to worry about making copies and sending them in the mail (It takes FOREVER for me to get to the post office). I just keep her orders to around $10, and at only 15 to 19 cents apiece, she gets a bunch. She loves getting regular pix.