Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ninja Turtles and Princesses

Tonight for our Bible study I made a DELICIOUS pound cake. My mom made it when she was here so I gave it a whirl. I also made these pimento pitas. (after organizing my recipes I found this one from my friend's Whitnee and Natalie)

During the bible study the kids played downstairs with the babysitter. Silas and Hattie were dressed in their costumes and this time another family that comes brought their costumes. So there were 2 ninja turtles and 2 princesses (the little ones were not involved, although Luke was dressed in Lightning McQueen suit). THe babysitter said the kids were doing plays. The same basic ninja turtle/princess play. It was pretty funny.

My sister Holly says that we get the best bang for our bucks with our Halloween costumes. I must admit, its true. And its just so fun.

2 comments:

Mylinda said...

When the girls were little it was easy to make a dress-up box. I just hit the yard sales and found old dresses and odditites, along with high heels, costume jewelry, and hats. But, somehow, the boys aren't happy with old "dad" clothes and they love to dress up. So, after Halloween, my mom found costumes at HUGE discounts and bought Indy 5 of them for Chrismtas. They were a Nascar driver (very appropriate for our house!! lol), an astronaut, Bob the Builder, a pirate, and something else I can't remember now. It was a huge hit and the boys are having a ball dressing up! Our next requested costume is an army guy...gotta have guns, you know. lol

ellieandavasmommy said...

Halloween costumes are the best - Ellie is still DeeDee Doodle sometimes! I use costumes as part of what I have the kids play with when I do therapy with them, too (I'm a developmental therapist). Anyway, can't wait to hear the outcome of Jody's "hit and run"! That was so funny!