Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday

Today was a beautiful day.

Church went great. Jody spoke in Minot, so Ryan was the speaker. I was in the nursery, but I'm sure Ryan did a great job. I think we had about 55, which compared to the 20 or so we had this time last year is pretty amazing.

I think it got up to 42 degrees today. "Perfect weather," they say. Isn't that funny? Growing up in Miami I didn't even own a winter coat until we moved when I was 16. I may be wrong, but I don't remember it ever being 42, unless that was the low and by lunch it was 65 or 70. I don't know. BUT NOT HERE. AT 42, there were more people out walking their dogs, playing outside...we even went to the zoo. I ran into a friend of mine from MOPS and she said, "I know, isn't this such a wonderful day to be at the zoo?"

Of course I agreed, and then as I thought about my response later I thought, wow, I don't know how I agreed to that. There is still snow on the ground. Ha.

After the zoo we decided to go to Long John Silver's for dinner. We LOVE that place. Ours is in the same building with A&W and I really wanted a root beer float. I had coupons and everything. Well, lo and behold, they are closed on Sundays. What??? I didn't know that. Not that I think that's bad, but I just wasn't expecting that.

So we went up the road to Buffalo Wild Wings. The kids really love that place. When we got our bill, it was a lot LOWER than we were expecting. Then Jody saw this announcement that said kids' meals 99cents on Sundays. What a great surprise.

What a great Sunday.

3 comments:

Mylinda said...

I love those days! :-) Hey, I tagged you for a meme at my blog. Sorry, but I dont' have that many people to tag, so you get it. If you dont' want to do it, it's fine. Just letting you know. :-)

Staci said...

Thats so great!! Welcome to North Dakota winters. . . .and it really isn't a TRUE North Dakota winter yet, but I hear it is supposed to be coming though. You are too funny Emily!!

Anonymous said...

How do you like the 60 degree drop from yesterday to today - gotta love 11 below for a high - only in ND!!! I remember in high school having a day where it snowed in the morning and the sun shone in the afternoon, melting everything, and the temperature going from about 15 degrees up to about 70 - amazing weather we have around here!
Anne Dahmen