Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Albuquerque Turkies

My parents gave Silas a book called Albuquerque Turkey. So, Silas know the word Albuquerque very well.

Jody, Luke and I are headed for Albuquerque tomorrow. We have some meeting with the North American Mission Board. We'll be back on Monday.

Pray for me, especially. I know some of you make think I'm silly. But I haven't left my kids much. When Luke was born they spent the night with my parents. And then after Luke was born, Jody took Silas and Hattie to Georgia to visit his family. But other than that, I haven't been away from them. THis is going to be very hard for me. I'm going to miss them.

Pray for the Hamilton's. This is the wonderful, BRAVE family that will be keeping Silas and Hattie. They are really in for a week. But I know they are MORE than capable. Having been houseparents at a children's home and having 5 kids of their own, I know they can handle my oldest two. But I know what Silas and Hattie entail in a day...or 5.

Pray for Silas and Hattie that they will be obedient. Pray also that they will sleep well and be at peace.

We are bringing the computer, so, as long as we have internet,I'll still post. Please, I'll only have one kid, and one low maintainence (I'm not sure if that's spelled right) one at that. I'll be worrying about Silas and Hattie. But I'm bringing a couple of books too.

So, I have an exciting post coming up. We bought a house. Yay. We are so excited. Pictures to come...

1 comment:

jerry.jennings said...

Em, I pray for you everyday, but I will especially remember you (and Jody) more this week. I sure wish I could've come up to keep those darling grands, but...! Just try to relax and enjoy this time away! I love you. JUDI