Thursday, February 15, 2007

Funny Memory

Since the weather has stayed so cold, there are ice patches in a lot of places. I keep reminding the kids to be careful. But today, Jody reminded me of a memory.

The first blast of cold, when we got here in October, didn't last too long. But there was ice on the ground here and there for a few days. One day we went to look at a house. As we were getting out of the car, Jody was carrying Luke (still buckled in the carseat) and I was coming up behind him with Silas and Hattie.

Jody turned around, looking back at us and said, "Watch out guys, its slippery here." Then, THUMP. I looked up and saw Jody lying on the ground. Luke started crying. He was on his side but still in the carseat.

After seeing that they were both ok, I bust out laughing. Some people think that that type of response is awful. But I can't help it. That's why America's Funniest Home Videos is so stinkin funny to me. Something about people falling cracks me up...and apparently others are the same or AFV wouldn't be like 17 years old.

Now, it was my baby, I know that. But what I wouldn't have given for video camera.

Note: Since then, no one else in the Jennings family has had a taken a fall.

No comments: