Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Gingerbread House

This morning after creating our gingerbread house, I was thinking who in the world came up with this idea?

We bought this kit at Walmart for $5. I knew the kids would have a great time. But I didn't realize how messy it would be AND how hard it would be to NOT eat the candy. I don't know how many times I said, NO don't eat that! Then I'd laugh to myself. What a horrible temptation for 2 little ones. Don't eat the candy, just hold it and stick it on this big cookie that you can't eat either.

We set aside some candy to eat when we were finished. There was icing EVERYWHERE! All over the table, not to mention the little bodies and hands and noses (that's from smelling the icing you can't lick).

When we were done, I set it up on a bookshelf. Silas has asked all morning if its dry yet. I'm like, hon, even when its dry its still just decoration. What??? You mean we will NEVER get to eat that work of art? (what a mean mom!)

Well, the Germans made up the whole ginger bread thing. They must not have had kids when they decorated these things!

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Pretty house and prettier kids! It looks like it was worth the trouble.