Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy 56th Birthday Pa

Its my dad's 56th birthday today. (of course by the time most of you read this, it will be the day after his birthday, he's probably in bed already too). What really cool is 2 days ago, on St Patrick's day, was his 35th spiritual birthday. Isn't that awesome?

I love my dad. My kids and my nephew Elijah call him Pa.

Pa is so great. He's funny. He loves to talk to the kids on the phone. He'll say, "Grrrrrrrrrrrrr, I'm gonna gitcha gitcha gitch...". My kids really think he may get them and they laugh. They love for Pa to sing songs to them and tell them how much he misses them. He's a good grandpa. We are going to have SO much fun getting to play with him in May.

He's a great dad. He still thinks we (his 3 girls) have it all together. He always tells me that he's proud of me and that I'm a great mom and that he loves me more than anyone else. (We always argue over this one...I tell him Jody is up on the list now, its been almost 7 years since we got married, and its kind of 2 different kinds of love...he doesn't agree).

I know he loves Jody. (and Holly's husband Steven). But, he says he just has to pretend to NOT like them. The other day, I said, Dad, can't you just pretend to believe he is a good guy. My dad said...Uh?? Ok. Tell him that I think his best character trait is that he picked you and somehow convinced you to marry him. He married way above himself.

Ha. Only a dad could say that. Because that is NOT true. Jody puts up with me and my attitude issues all the time.

Besides, I think that if I ever "got rid" of Jody (which I WILL NEVER) my parents would choose him. Jody's much easier to get along with...believe me and not Pa on this one.

Happy Birthday Dad. I love you and miss you so much. You are the best dad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em I love you too! You are a great daughter and mother. I cannot imagine how you cope with 3 little ones but you do such a great job. I am proud to be your Dad and cheerleader. I trust that you will remain faithful to the call of being the encourager to your husband and kids that you have been to me. Have a great day!

Jeffrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffrey said...

Hey Guys. We hope you are doing well. Luke is getting so big! We miss you.

mylifewith5kids said...

Emily, I just LOVED this post!! I can so hear your dad say all those things that you mentioned. He is a real HOOT! He and your mom did an excellent job raising you girls.

Jane said...

to cool.... my birthday is march 20th, and my spiritual birthday is March 18th... two days apart like your dad's!

I happened to your blog via Holly's blog.

I will be praying for your church plant, as I pray for Steven and Holly too.

Jane said...

to cool.... my birthday is march 20th, and my spiritual birthday is March 18th... two days apart like your dad's!

I happened to your blog via Holly's blog.

I will be praying for your church plant, as I pray for Steven and Holly too.