Friday, March 30, 2007

A Loooooooooooooooong Day

Disclaimer: This is a post of complaints from me.

Ugh. I can't believe that as I type this its not even 5pm.

All three kids woke up right at 7am. They aren't usually like that. My sister Holly thinks maybe some big noise woke them up. Whatever it was, we all got up. I looked out the window and the weather predictions were right, we were getting lots of sleet/freezing rain stuff.

As much as I wanted to go somewhere, I figured it would be awful. Getting the kids in and out of the car in that weather let alone driving in the weather. So we stayed home.

The only saving grace was the package from MawMaw for Silas's birthday. (the second one) Judi, you were so worried that it was late, I am so glad it was. At least that was some fresh entertainment. Although Luke was very interested in it too and that drove Silas nuts.

The mess is out of control. The laundry (clean) is begging to be folded, but that's not possible with all the extra helpers. I did muster up enough self-control to unload and load the dishwasher.

Hattie spilled her apple sauce at lunch. She fell off the couch and hurt her elbow (I saw her kissing it herself, that was cute). Luke is constipated and I saw something blue in his poop. Obviously something he picked up off the floor and ate, b/c I don't feed blue food in our house. Silas had a meltdown when he thought about how he hasn't seen his dad and won't for several more days. He doesn't really get the difference b/tw one or two days or more. You know, the whole time concept doesn't make sense yet.

A few good things happened today:
-I got to read my devotional thing
-Everyone, including me, had a good afternoon rest
-We had power all day (in Uganda we always lost power and that is a real life sucker in itself)


We are looking forward to the Dakota Zoo's Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow. I already called and asked if it was going to be canceled. The lady said no, not unless its a blizzard. And the weather isn't calling for a blizzard. Yay. Something fun to do tomorrow.

I guess I'll go fix supper. Then baths. Then bed time. Whew. The end is in sight.

2 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Have you tried the construction paper count-down rings? You loop strips of contrustion paper together like a paper chain. Have Silas take one off each day until Jody comes home. I do this with Carter to help count down days to just about anything. It works unless he gets hold of it and takes a bunch off at once:) I guess he thinks time goes by faster that way!

Anonymous said...

I am also glad the second package did make it---I knew there was some reason it took me so long to find a box! Sure glad it provided some entertainment for the kids! I know these days must be long with Jody gone, but I know you can do it! Just think about how much he agrivates you sometimes and maybe it will seem a little better to have a break! Ha!You are the best mom and wife and expecially daughter-in-law! HAng in there! Only two more days!!!! I love you JUDI