Thursday, January 4, 2007

Good News

I had a great day today. I found some great deals and learned some very interesting things.

While working out at the Y today, I watched Rachael Ray. They have the TV tuned to different radio frequencies. She had this doctor on the show today with some interesting views.
-lemon is essential to your diet, important for the liver. Squeeze half a lemon into a cup of warm water first thing in the morning and drink it down.
-pineapple is almost reverse calories. It cancels out calories when mixed with other caloric foods or fatty foods.
-potatoes are a natural sedative, eat a baked potato before bed
-raw honey, raw choc. powder and cinnamon in a big spoonful is a natural energy booster
-jasmine rice (soaked overnight) will increase milk production for a nursing mom
-salt water is like the cure all for colds and flus. He even said to pour it down you ear for an ear infection. Now my mom always swore by gargling
salt water and squirting it up our noses when we were sick, but never in our ears.

BIG Sales at CVS (toys for 75% off as well as Christmas stuff). Victoria's Secret is in the middle of their huge sale. Amazon is having a HUGGIES sale. $30 off an order of $99. That's 30% off, which is great for diapers. I haven't done that yet either, but I'm thinking about it. I mean, I do use a lot of diaper. KFC has a great little chicken sandwich for 99cents. I liked the buffalo flavor, JOdy liked the bbq.

My cousin, Sara, told my mom about this website that is great, Slick Deals.

It shows LOTS of good deals.

I feel like I had such a productive day (I would put an exclamation point here, but our one/exclamation key isn't working right now for some odd reason)

No comments: